The Cypriot Trust Law is based on English Trust Law. The International Trust
Law opened the way for the creation of International Trusts in Cyprus.
- Settlor is not a permanent resident in Cyprus.
- One Trustee is a permanent resident.
- No beneficiary is a permanent resident.
- The trust property can include any kind of movable and immovable property
situated in Cyprus or anywhere in the world.
- Created in an EU jurisdiction at low cost.
- There is no taxation of International Trusts or their income in
- May be used to reduce or eliminate inheritance tax or capital gains in
Cyprus of the settlor.
- May be used to distribute untaxed income in Cyprus to the beneficiaries,
i.e. family member.
- Ideal for "high worth" individuals.
- Especially ideal for "high worth" individuals with slightly complicated
family structures i.e. divorced and children from different spouses.
- Trust may hold shares of Cyprus company with Cypriot Directors for
AN INTERNATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF INDEPENDENT