Individuals staying in Cyprus for more than 183 days are taxed in Cyprus on
their worldwide income. They may claim as a tax credit tax already paid on
- Foreign people with income from high tax jurisdictions may stay in Cyprus
for at least 183 days and be taxed at maximum 35% (with the first EUR19.500
- Foreign pensioners may stay in Cyprus for at least 183 days and elect to
have their foreign pension taxed at only 5% (with approximately EUR3.500 tax
- Exemption 20% from employment (maximum amount EUR8.550), for individuals not
resident in Cyprus before the commencement of his/her employment, starting from
January of the year following the year during which the employment commenced
(Exemption for 5 years).
- Exemption 50% from Employment Income when the Income exceeds the amount of
EUR100.000, for an individual who was not resident in the Republic before his/her
employment in the Republic, (Exemption for 10 Years).
- Non-domiciled individuals are exempt from taxes on interest and dividends
AN INTERNATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF INDEPENDENT